Big Data Big Business Challenge by CGI
For the Big Data Big Business Challenge, CGI is looking for new solutions with global potential based on Copernicus data. They need to address an identified business problem in the commercial sector with a clear business case, which could be based on cost efficiency or disruptive change to the way an organisation does business. CGI is looking for compelling ideas that leverage the large volumes of Copernicus data to provide new operational services to businesses. Concepts should be able to be prototyped rapidly, or already exist in prototype form, so that they can be demonstrated quickly. The solutions could support sectors such as energy, utilities, financial services, insurance, agriculture and transport.
- Showcase of your application to the CGI industry teams and relevant customers in appropriate target markets.
- CGI support to integrate your prototype onto their exploitation platform. Additional support on industrialising the architecture (for such as scalability, reliability, revenue collection, security) qualifying for pre-operation with industry customers.
- Substantial satellite data quota worth EUR 5,000 (financial support by EC)
- Access to the Copernicus Accelerator programme (if eligible)
- Ticket to the next satellite launch in Kourou
Each application will be assessed against the following six criteria:
- User problem: How significant is the gap in the market identified by the participant?
- Innovation index: What is the innovation level of this idea and its development potential?
- Technology feasibility: Is this solution possible today? Is the use of Earth observation data an integral part of the proposed solution?
- Use of multiple data sources: Has the applicant explored using multiple data sources, for example, using more than one type of satellite or the fusing of satellite and terrestrial data?
- Market index: What is the commercial potential of the idea (the size of the market or expected demand, chance of commercial success, investment potential, time to market)?
- Risk index: What are the legal aspects and risks involved in this idea?
CGI is a global end-to-end IT and business process services leader in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia. CGI works for Government and commercial clients and has a large Space business, with over 40 years’ experience of delivering complex, secure, mission-critical space systems. CGI delivers ground systems, exploitation platforms and space-enabled applications for clients such as the European Space Agency, the European Commission and for international organisations such as EUMETSAT and European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts. The company is focused on applying satellite Earth observations to help organisations meet their business challenges by developing operational, sustainable space-enabled services. Their global footprint, access to markets, strong IT and space skills, make a powerful combination for building international partnerships and business relationships.