Airbus Defence and Space together with sobloo are looking for solutions that use both Copernicus and Airbus Earth Observation data to deliver new services and/or applications that provide insight and have impact on areas like Natural Resources Consumption, Agriculture, Forestry, Maritime, Defence & Security and Smart Cities. Participants with solutions for other markets are also eligible to enter the Challenge. Solutions should be technically operational, compatible with Airbus and Copernicus EO data and provide valuable information to the end users.
Participants to the Multi Data Access Challenge are expected to use Airbus datasets from our OneAtlas Sandbox Platform (www.intelligence-airbus.com/sandbox) and Copernicus data available on our sobloo platform (sobloo.eu), a one-stop shop for all Copernicus data and value-added services. Through these two platforms, to which access is free, users can work with Pléiades, Sentinel-1/2/3/5p, Copernicus Core Services, SPOT, TerraSAR-X, WorldDEM, and DMC Imagery sets. Various API’s are available through the platforms for participants to integrate with additional data sets into their solutions.
In addition, sobloo infrastructure and services can be made available for participants to develop/validate their services/applications in the frame of the challenge.
- EUR 100,000 Airbus Satellite data voucher for OneAtlas Platform annual subscription.
- EUR 45,000 services voucher to spend on sobloo. The voucher includes Cloud services (15k €), Back-End and integration services (15k€), and business development as well as marketing services (15k€).
- Access to OneAtlas Playground (if eligible)
- Business development support from technical and market experts within Airbus and sobloo to develop the winning solution.
- Once the solution has demonstrated technical feasibility and commercial viability, the winner will have the opportunity to present their solution to Airbus and sobloo stakeholders such as Airbus Ventures and BizLabs, opening the door to potential partnership
Submissions to the Airbus-sobloo Multi-Data Challenge will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Technical Innovation: Does the solution demonstrate novel data processing capabilities?
- Business Innovation: Does the solution demonstrate novel business models for this industry?
- Airbus and sobloo Connection: To what extent does the solution leverage Airbus data and sobloo Earth observation products, API’s and services?
- Business Credibility: Does the solution have real market potential?
- Technical Feasibility: Does the technical element of the solution allow for future scalability that will answer business needs?
Airbus & sobloo
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017 it generated revenues of € 59 billion restated for IFRS 15 and employed a workforce of around 129,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
The Intelligence Programme Line within Airbus is the supplier of choice for commercial satellite imagery, C2ISR systems and related services. The company has unrivalled expertise in satellite imagery acquisition, data processing, fusion, dissemination and intelligence extraction allied to significant command and control capabilities. Based upon exclusive commercial access to Pléiades, SPOT, TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X and PAZ satellites, DMC Constellation and third-party satellites (TripleSat constellation, KazEOSat) combined with broad applications experience, Intelligence delivers an extensive portfolio spanning the entire geo-information value chain.
sobloo stems from an EU initiative (the Data and Information Access Services – DIAS) to provide open access to near-real-time data, models and forecasts, so as to foster innovation and create a European Earth Observation data ecosystem enabling both research and business uptake.
sobloo platform provides a broad access to Copernicus data, as well as complementary data collections, ranging from Earth Observation commercial imagery to Mobile and IoT databases.
Going beyond the data, sobloo offers cloud resources and a suite of tools including APIs and services not only to process data but also to create high-level thematic services which can be distributed on sobloo itself.
Supporting creative grounds, sobloo also leverages the expertise of its consortium partners (Airbus, Orange, Capgemini, CLS and VITO) to provide professional services at different steps of the value chain, ranging from business support or development of algorithms to the setup of billing as a service.
sobloo is uniquely positioned to contribute to the development of your business/project.