Airbus Defence and Space is looking for solutions that use both Sentinel and Airbus Earth Observation data to deliver value-added services for specific communities and markets, such as Smart Cities, Maritime, Defence & Security, Forestry, and Agriculture. Participants with solutions for other markets are also eligible to enter the Challenge. Solutions should be technically feasible, commercially viable and clearly show the connection between Copernicus and Airbus EO data.
To support the prototyping of such new value-added services, participants of the Airbus Multi-Data Challenge will receive free access to numerous datasets via its OneAtlas Sandbox Platform: www.intelligence-airbusds.com/sandbox. Pléiades, SPOT, TerraSAR-X, WorldDEM, and DMC Imagery sets, Machine Learning samples and various APIs are available through the platform for participants to combine with Sentinel data for the development of their solutions. Additional data sources, such as IoT, AIS, GPS, Open data etc., may also be used in the solution. Note that use of this Sandbox Platform is also open to participants of other Challenges.
- EUR 100,000 Airbus satellite data voucher for the Airbus GeoStore
- Access to OneAtlas Playground (if eligible)
- Business development support from technical and market experts within Airbus to develop the winning solution
- Once the solution has demonstrated technical feasibility and commercial viability, the winner will have the opportunity to present their solution to Airbus stakeholders such as Airbus Ventures and BizLabs, opening the door to potential partnerships
- Access to the Copernicus Accelerator programme (if eligible)
Submissions to the Airbus Multi-Data Challenge will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Technical Innovation: Does the solution demonstrate novel data processing capabilities?
- Business Innovation: Does the solution demonstrate novel business models for this industry?
- Airbus Connection: To what extent does the solution leverage Airbus Earth observation products and services?
- Business Credibility: Does the solution have real market potential?
- Technical Feasibility: Does the technical element of the solution allow for future scalability that will answer business needs?
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of EUR 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners and is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
The Intelligence Programme Line within Airbus is the supplier of choice for commercial satellite imagery, C2ISR systems and related services. The company has unrivalled expertise in satellite imagery acquisition, data processing, fusion, dissemination and intelligence extraction allied to significant command and control capabilities. Based upon exclusive commercial access to Pléiades, SPOT, TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X satellites, combined with broad applications experience, Intelligence delivers an extensive portfolio spanning the entire geo-information value chain.