BayWa is looking for innovative solutions that use new technologies, ideas and products to support sustainable agriculture. As the global population continues to grow every year, so too does the demand for agricultural products. To continue feeding the world without damaging the environment is one of the greatest challenges faced by society, and can only be achieved by increasing the efficiency and sustainability of agricultural production. BayWa invites submissions that look to tackle this challenge by combining satellite data with other data sources in an innovative and commercially viable way.
BayWa is particularly interested in new ideas that support the following application fields:
- Sustainable Irrigation Management
- Crop Nutrient Monitoring and Modelling
- Early Crop Disease Identification
Do you have a Smart Farming idea that doesn’t fit the above? BayWa encourages you to enter it as well!
- EUR 5,000 Cash Prize
- Mentoring package from BayWa, FarmFacts and Vista, including support with scientific and commercial expertise, developing a go-to-market strategy, and identifying sales channels
- Access to BayWa sales platforms and customers through NEXT Farming
- Access to BayWa agri-business and agri-organisation networks
- Access to field trails in multiple countries (if eligible)
- Substantial satellite data quota worth EUR 5,000 (financial support by EC)
- Access to the Copernicus Accelerator programme (if eligible)
Submissions to the BayWa Smart Farming Challenge will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Innovation: Does the solution demonstrate a new/novel approach to Smart Farming?
- Earth observation: Does the solution use Earth observation data to bring added-value to end-users?
- Technical Feasibility: Can the technical element of the solution be used in a commercial context?
- Commercial Viability: Does the solution have real market potential?
BayWa is a group with worldwide operations in the core competencies of trading, logistics and supplementary services in its three operating segments Agriculture, Energy and Building Materials and the Innovation & Digitalisation development segment. Digital Farming is geared towards the development and marketing of digital solutions for agriculture. Such solutions are opening up entirely new opportunities for the agricultural sector. As a shareholder of Vista GmbH, BayWa offers attractive satellite and model-based solutions for agricultural purposes. Together with the subsidiary FarmFacts and its high degree of acceptance and experience as a systems service provider, BayWa can already offer a wide range of innovative services today. The head office of the parent company, which was founded in 1923, is located in Munich. The international activities focus on Europe as well as on the US and New Zealand.
Watch the videos below to learn more about the the specific Smart Farming activities of BayWa and the products and services they offer together with their subsidiary FarmFacts.