Data Visualisation Challenge
The Satellite Applications Catapult in partnership with the UK Space Agency and STFC, is looking for new solutions that apply data visualisation tools to Copernicus, and other EO, data. Solutions should visualise data in a way that offers an interactive and user-friendly experience for customers. The most compelling solutions will show consideration for the user experience throughout the design process. Solutions should transform geospatial data into actionable information by applying technologies such as AR, VR, 3D modelling, gaming software or any other data visualisation tool to enhance and improve customer interaction with data. Participants are encouraged to explore the integration of Copernicus data with other non-space data sets in the development of their solution, potentially from UAVs, in-situ-sensor networks or customers own data. Submissions can be across any market area, but should be commercially viable and meet genuine customer requirements.
- Business development support package valued at £5,000 and tailored to the needs of the winner which could include business modelling, design, technical support or IP guidance
- Half a day ‘perfect your pitch’ training with an investment company
- Substantial satellite data quota worth EUR 5,000 (financial support by EC)
- Access to the Copernicus Accelerator programme (if eligible)
Submissions to the Catapult Data Visualisation Challenge will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Customer Problem: Does the solution clearly identify and solve real customer needs? Have customers/users been involved in the design/development process?
- Commercial Viability: Does the solution have real market potential?
- Innovation: Does the solution demonstrate an innovative technical or business approach?
- Technical Feasibility: Is this solution possible? Is the use of Copernicus data an integral part of the proposed solution?
- Customer Experience: Does the solution use or intend to use relevant novel tools or technologies for data visualization to enhance or improve customer interaction with data?
Satellite Applications Catapult
This Challenge has been set by the Satellite Applications Catapult in partnership with the UK Space Agency and the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC).
The Catapult is an independent innovation and technology company, created to help organisations make use of and benefit from satellite technologies, and brings together multi-disciplinary teams to generate ideas and solutions in an open innovation environment. A not-for-profit company, the Catapult provides facilities, platforms and expert knowledge to enable the translation of ideas from concept to market.
The UK Space Agency is responsible for all strategic decisions on the UK civil space programme and provides a clear, single voice for UK space ambitions. The Agency is at the heart of UK efforts to explore and benefit from space, and is responsible for ensuring that the UK retains and grows a strategic capability in space-based systems, technologies, science and applications.
The Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) and the ESA Business Incubation Centre (ESA BIC) Harwell support entrepreneurs and high-tech start-up companies to transfer space technologies, applications and services into viable businesses.